The Pilates Reformer is the method of physical training and functional rehabilitation that was inspired, designed and systematized in the 1920s by the Greek-German Joseph Hubertus Pilates (1880-1967).
The program is performed on the Reformers that allow the safe execution of a huge range of exercises adapted to the level of each practitioner individually! The use of the springs they have, enables the gymnast to increase or decrease the degree of difficulty of each exercise easily and quickly, depending on the needs and particularities of each one.
The Pilates machines at Physio Restart Lagonisi completely transform the body, offering muscle strengthening and elasticity to the muscles which is very important to avoid joint injuries. Through the control of the center of the body, strong abdominal, thin and elastic muscles are created, which make the spine stable, getting rid of chronic problems of the waist and spine in general. They offer better posture and body movement by improving joint range of motion.
It is also recommended by orthopedists and physical therapists as the ideal way of training to prevent and treat injuries.
Indicatively, it can be applied to:
- Pain in the neck area
- Muscle injuries
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Shoulder instability
- Athletic injuries
- Pain in the lumbar region of any mechanical etiology even if accompanied by referred symptoms in the legs
- Women during pregnancy as well as after childbirth
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness (Incontinence)
- Post-operative spine rehabilitation (It is the most appropriate method of rehabilitation after spinal surgeries such as microdiscectomy, spinal fusion, etc.)
- Hip diseases (eg osteoarthritis)
By systematically doing pilates exercises:
- you gain better control of the body
- you improve posture and breathing
- prevent and relieve musculoskeletal pain
- you feel more well-being
- you upgrade the quality of your everyday life
- you increase your muscle mass
- you activate your metabolism
- you get tightening and alignment